Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Absence of Time

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 am

I am looking for peoples input on Absence of Time .

That to me has got to be the most unique thing I can ever imagine.

When we are alive , are we moving at such a slow vibration to when we pass on . so many people speak of people waiting for them when they pass , but if there is no such thing as time how can you be waiting for someone.

Id like to hear other people opinions regarding the absence of time and see where the discussion leads.

I myself cant put the concept of " Absense of Time " into words that make sence to me as we are all controlled and manipulated by " Time " and other people who " Have control Of our Time "

In my world ( life ) like many other people Time, has become a Thing that is used to gauge our life

1. Pay by the hour
    How long does it take to get there
    You have so many hours to complete a study coarse
    you have an appointment at a certain time

and the list goes on and on !!!!!!!!

After reading all of the stories on nderf.org about peoples experences the one part of the experence that really intrigues me is the absece of time .

We all know that TIME is a man made thing to account for the rotation of the earth to create day and night and to account for the rotation around the sun that creates the various seasons.

I would like to share a very wonderful poem by Robert Hastings that has been the guiding principal of my life since I found it

Eccles 9:12

The Station

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24 ,
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

dnix71
test

Re: Absence of Time

Post by dnix71 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Maybe in the next life the consequences of your thoughts are instant and therefore irreversible. We have time here so we can learn and change.

Many of the NDE's report if you wanted to see someone all you had to do was think about them. If you wanted a prop (like a bench to sit on) all you had to do was think it and it was so. Instant gratification in this life leads to trouble.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 pm

dnix71 wrote:Maybe in the next life the consequences of your thoughts are instant and therefore irreversible. We have time here so we can learn and change.

Many of the NDE's report if you wanted to see someone all you had to do was think about them. If you wanted a prop (like a bench to sit on) all you had to do was think it and it was so. Instant gratification in this life leads to trouble.
I agree that " Instant Gratification " in this life can be trouble but that depends on what you are using to satisfy the "Instant Gratification "

My Instant Gratification is so simple .... I stop ..... and I look at the trees or the sky or the field growing something ..... and I say Thank You ....

and I have my Instant Gratification .........................

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

dnix71
test

Post by dnix71 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:44 pm

A second possibility is that time does exist in the presence of God, but it doesn't matter, because there is no decay. This universe has entropy, which is to say that the ability to do useful work declines continuously. The Creation is decaying under the weight of sin and that is felt as time passing.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm

That's an interesting second possibility you present dnix71; but rather than entropy being caused by 'sin', might it be simply a feature/characteristic of 3 dimensional physicality - 'materialness'. In the physical world, 'Time' can be said to be the separating of the sequence of events. In the non-physical, spiritual world, 'eternity' may be an easier concept for the human mind to understand if there is no separation of events, i.e., all events that ever were or ever would be exist in a continual 'Now'.

dnix71
test

Post by dnix71 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:29 pm

There is time in Heaven according to the Bible.
Rev 8:1 "When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour."

But God is eternal and never changes. Time is measured here by change. The hands on a clock move, the sun rises and sets, constellations move through the sky, people mature, grow old and die. Kingdoms rise and fall. Stuff wears out. In Heaven there will be no sun moon and stars because Jesus will be the Light of Heaven. Yesterday still was but it will always be Today. But Yesterday and the pain and sin of it will be forgotten after the Judgment so only Today remains.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 am

Ah now this is the kind of dialog We are all waiting for

very interesting opinions there and I see that you figured out how to use the pop up bible verse thing that was installed.

That the first time it has been used for a discussion and I see it works very well

I will have to re read these posts and reply later

Im still busy fixing mistakes I have made setting this up

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Alberto
test

Post by Alberto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Don't worry about mistakes made when setting this up Garry. i can assure you that debugging is the daily companion and bread of any web design activity. Nothing works at the first shot with web design. Ever. It takes days of fine tuning, and once done you discover that room for improvements, for unexpected behaviours and interactions, and for further adjustments and new unexpected bugs accounts for month and months of further activity.
There is a reason big companies release bugfixes unceasingly :-)
You're doing great, and i didn't stumble, personally, in one single malfunction yet.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Alberto

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 am

But God is eternal and never changes. Time is measured here by change. The hands on a clock move, the sun rises and sets, constellations move through the sky, people mature, grow old and die. Kingdoms rise and fall. dnix71
So time is a concept created by men whose implications affect us all while living in this 3 dimensional world -mind,space and time.
Pay by the hour
How long does it take to get there
You have so many hours to complete a study coarse
you have an appointment at a certain time

and the list goes on and on !!!!!!!! Garry

Another detail that i found relevant brought about by drix was the dichotomic approach into time between consciousness out of the body and consciousness incarnated. And i wonder how a nder can judge things differently. Perhaps and most probably the moral aspects of existence may gain in importance overpower and take over the material values of simple wordly pleasures.
in a word everything which feeds a selfish material oriented living. But when we return to spirit-life, we compare those fugitive enjoyments with the freedom and happiness we obtain, even if it is through occasional glimpses as someone going through a close brush to death, out of the body consciousness may judge things differently, now that consciousness owns all its attributes (many of them lost cause the physical body blurs perception) such happiness cannot be compared to a little temporary suffering. Here we have a paradox= things as the human being view as incarnate, and the new paradigm that unveils before the eyes of consciousness out of the body.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 am

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24, "This is
the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, swim more rivers, climb more
mountains, kiss more babies, count more stars. Laugh more and cry less. Go barefoot oftener.
Eat more ice cream. Ride more merry-go-rounds. Watch more sunsets. Life must be lived as we
go along. The station will come soon enough.

Carpe Diem @Garry i just read the article in one long deep breath.while the train rode. It's breathtaking such a seemingly neve r ending journey in space and time. Digging in the moment even in the waking hours with a feeling of appreciation for every single manifestation of the creation that we come across every moment. Unfortunately Garry people interested in spirituality in general and in ndes in particular tend to underestimate our objective 3dimensional existence upon the earth.It s a mistake.

RoseSTE1962
test

Post by RoseSTE1962 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 pm

My experience involved entering into infinite Light through a doorway. When I entered into it and looked behind me the doorway was gone. This is because it was a passage to the infinite dimension and there cannot be a door there. This dimension is timeless. The prismic, golden strands of brilliant Light reached on forever, into my heart, conferring divine Love and instant awareness of universal truths.

Now, if you ask a physicist about how a photon experiences time, you will find that light particles do not experience time at all. The light that you see coming from the sun has not aged since the beginning of time! The Light in the next world is the same way. When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time. And in between our material manifestations we are in the timeless dimension. Our astral selves are separate entities. But ultimately we become one with the timeless Light from whence we came - that is the ultimate cycle of all the cycles.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Now, if you ask a physicist about how a photon experiences time, you will find that light particles do not experience time at all. The light that you see coming from the sun has not aged since the beginning of time! The Light in the next world is the same way. When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time. And in between our material manifestations we are in the timeless dimension. Our astral selves are separate entities. But ultimately we become one with the timeless Light from whence we came - that is the ultimate cycle of all the cycles.
When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time.
So when we are in a life threatening situation such as a car accident and every thing goes into slow motion , so it seems , then what I am reading in your post says that we are essentially on the verge of reentering the timeless spirit world where things haven't slowed down but we essentially are speeded up ....

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

RoseSTE1962
test

Post by RoseSTE1962 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi Garry,

It could be that the slowed down time experienced in life threatening situations is a preparation for entry into the timeless dimension. I am only familiar with the difference between experiencing the infinite light and experiencing normal time in which we are now communicating.

Here is another situation. When I meditate and reconnect with the infinite Light/timeless dimension, information is conferred to me instantaneously. But when I try to explain it I run into trouble. Frustrated I say to myself, it seemed so clear. Why is it taking so long to explain? Why so complicated and wordy? Because it is slowed down here.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 pm

I think Source "lives" in the Unmanifested without matter around, but with lots of information around. Personally, I envision Source as like a bubbling cauldron of experience, like the surface of the sun. There are these huge loops of coronal mass ejection all over the place. They spew out and then return to the Source. These would be our lives. In our lives, time seems and IS real, but if you are looking at this big kaleidoscope sun-like consciousness cauldron -if you are standing off to the side- all sense of time would be meaningless because you are in the Unmanifested Space looking at the Information space pumping out timelines/lives.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:09 am

The Creation is decaying under the weight of sin and that is felt as time passing. Dnix71

Decoding the theological dogmatic like expression into psychology we would have the following message= The notion of time does not exist alone per si. People suffering from guilt feeling for having broken cosmic laws will tend to experience time coping with a slow motion like dramatic movie for time goes slow for those who suffer. Is that what you have in mind, Dnix?

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Lack of time for me was not noticed. But as I consider with my heart not mind I think time is there and meaningful but measured differently. As with the increased vibrations you could expect a host of Physics blown away. Leaving the place we call home to deal with these complex and intelligent bodies is hard work. I have trouble with time since I woke up. It slips by really fast for me. As I worry less of the outcome of my choices and attached to the outcome I feel it speed up even more.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Arrow wrote: As I worry less of the outcome of my choices and attached to the outcome I feel it speed up even more.
Hi Arrow. Which way do you mean? When you are intellectualizing and thinking about worldy outcome, time is fast? Or when you are peaceful, centered, and in karma yoga (proper work regardless of thanks/outcome), time goes fast?

I have been wondering this recently. "Time flies when you are having fun" is the old phrase. So, if you in the moment, fully present yet without mental chatter (as Tolle would say), will you subjectively feel the time, the year, going by fast or slow?

Dina
test

Post by Dina » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Dear Misha (my father´s name was also Misha)

think that there is psychological time. When we are happy time seems to pass too quickly because we want to keep on doing what we do like.
When we are bored, we want the event to end, and we start focusing on time, and it seems as though time doesn´t pass.

Dina
test

Post by Dina » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:37 pm

God is light, that is why he is eternal, we are light, that is why we are eternal, that´s what I think Garry.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Dina
Totally agree!
We're glad you are here!
Have you had an NDE, or are you just spiritual anyway?

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

[blink]God is Light. At the speed of light there is an eternal Now At the speed of Light there is no time and no matter., yellow, black[/blink]

We are God Light slowed down Slowed down we experience the passing of time and the solidity of matter

The main difficulty I have is understanding why God would do this

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:40 pm

CathyK wrote:The main difficulty I have is understanding why God would do this
Maybe for company?
If I'm a music teacher and my student gets better and better, and then they get their own musical ideas, they become a peer and 'fun to jam with'. At least that's how I view it. Companionship. I think a long time ago, there was a Loving Unity, and that Unity decided to Individuate in order to get more experiences. It was in an NDE i read a couple years back. Too bad I don't recall which one but it was REALLY deep.

BTW, Eckhardt Tolle rules, if you haven't read him.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:51 pm

CathyK wrote:
[blink]God is Light. At the speed of light there is an eternal Now At the speed of Light there is no time and no matter., yellow, black[/blink]

We are God Light slowed down Slowed down we experience the passing of time and the solidity of matter

that was the best explanation in human words for us simple people I have ever heard
This part is really easy to explain

if as it says some where in the Bible

1 day to God
is
like a 1000 years on earth which equals 365 days *1000= ( 365,000 of our days )

We are here for an average of 75 years which = ( 27,365 of our days )

so therefore 365000 Days / 27365 Days = 13.3 % of a God Day

13.3 % of 24 hours = 3.19 hours in relationship to a day up there

So really all it boils down to is that we have gone to an amusement park for a 3 hour stretch of fun and enjoyment

So

Are we having any fun yet ?

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

scottwUSA
test

Post by scottwUSA » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:24 pm

This is always interesting topic and there has been some very good expressions.

During my experience, I didn’t move or experience an absence of time, rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is. A person who experiences an event like a NDE has expressed they moved faster than time, became time or were beyond time represented as light. It wasn’t absent, just not relative because we don’t know any other conscious understanding of only what we associate presently. We have difficulty in our relativity because we compare or base our understanding to us rather than us to it. So, the concept of time isn’t man made, it’s our relationship of time that’s man made. We've created purposes that benefit our species.

In my experience, I was shown everything in the cosmos has a form of consciousness based on its time and place. We assume self centered again, that human beings are the only species or entities capable of a conscious. So if these elements don’t have a conscious or awareness, how does it know what, when or how to bond with other elements to create, recreate or incarnate into the forms they do? As for consciousness, this is created when vibration takes form. The form of that consciousness is relative to its time of purpose. Time and consciousness has an endless amount of forms of expression.

I think what’s important is to establish from what conception are we observing time through. We generally associate our measure to it from this present time, with our present capacities and consciousness. So when we determine values, it’s always been relative to ourselves then outward. So we are in a manner still centering time from ourselves. Time has become a paradigm due to how it’s expanded our capacities, technology, knowledge and understanding to significant shifts of our consciousness.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 am

During my experience, I didn’t move or experience an absence of time, rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is.

A person who experiences an event like a NDE has expressed they moved faster than time, became time or were beyond time represented as light. It wasn’t absent, just not relative because we don’t know any other conscious understanding of only what we associate presently.

We have difficulty in our relativity because we compare or base our understanding to us rather than us to it. So, the concept of time isn’t man made, it’s our relationship of time that’s man made. We've created purposes that benefit our species.
This actually makes sense to me, based on this section of your posting :

Code: Select all

rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

scottwUSA
test

Post by scottwUSA » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:22 pm

LOL, that is a much simpler way of breaking it down.. sorry if I babbled.. :)

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Babbling is fully allowed and greatly appreciated as it means someone else does the work of typing and then we can use the computer to break it down into digestible chunks.

Sooooooo

Babble on

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am

I see it like this, from a scientific point of view : space-time exists and the void is there, full of energy. Sometimes "particles" emerge from the void and disappear immediatly, you could say they pop in into the "material world" and "time", live there a very short time and disappear. Our space and time could well be such a bubble/particle that popped out from the void into material being for existing some time and will disappear also after a while.
Everything exists for eternity behind the curtain of the void and as quantum physics tells us sometimes something "real" pops out of this void into "reality" for just a blimp of a time fraction .....
We are in the bubble of space-time but when we die our spirit goes into the eternal void again with full consciousness because it comes from there and returns. So will space-time do in its totality at some point ?
When on earth our spirit is in the material body but it still continues to exist at the same time in the eternal spiritual world, here on earth we are the shadow of our spirit but/and we forget all about it until death.
The void is the totality of information, it is there for all time, living on earth is gaining information, is manipulating information like a computer does, so that takes time ... up there in spirit world information is directly disponible, no time needed.
It's like making a car, the idea is there, the planning, the info and then we start working on it until the result is we can see the car, but the idea was always there, the virtual spirit car was there in spirit form, it just took time to make it in the material world.
Jesus, how fascinating it all is and will be !

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 am

you could say we are here on this material world to joyfully "play" with material things and to create material things just like a child is playing making sand castles out of his imagination.
In spirit world we also play but here we make something out of nothing you could say. We manipulate matter and learn how to do it because it is a new experience.
As I can understand, in spiritual world you want to "make" a beautifull house ? it is there immediatly, no action_reaction involved, no time, but space ?
So here on earth we learn also about dialectic action-reaction of our material doings, action-reaction = time ....

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

sunlionspirit wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am
I see it like this, from a scientific point of view : space-time exists and the void is there, full of energy. Sometimes "particles" emerge from the void and disappear immediatly, you could say they pop in into the "material world" and "time", live there a very short time and disappear. Our space and time could well be such a bubble/particle that popped out from the void into material being for existing some time and will disappear also after a while.
A very interesting way of putting it: thank you, sunlionspirit :)

All I can add is that we do get the opportunity, here in the material world bubble to play with space and time too, which can be very exciting when it comes to setting goals, as experiencing both time and the absence of time, at the same time, can give you even more motivation to accomplish tasks which might otherwise appear boring, farfetched or even impossible. I believe I might have mentioned this particular experience somewhere, but if I haven't I will come back and report it here. I have always been fascinated about travelling backwards and forwards in time (and space), by the way. ;)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 am

Giulia wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

All I can add is that we do get the opportunity, here in the material world bubble to play with space and time too, which can be very exciting when it comes to setting goals, as experiencing both time and the absence of time, at the same time, can give you even more motivation to accomplish tasks which might otherwise appear boring, farfetched or even impossible. I believe I might have mentioned this particular experience somewhere, but if I haven't I will come back and report it here. I have always been fascinated about travelling backwards and forwards in time (and space), by the way. ;)
Here is an account of the experience I was referring to. It happened almost ten years ago.

On that morning, as I emerged one night from sleep, I found myself simultaneously both inside and outside of time. This extraordinary awakening (in all senses) took place at dawn on 23 May 2008.

At the time, I worked as a full-time translator for a number of translation agencies, and I often had to catch up on my work at night. That particular night, I had gone to bed knowing I had 14 pages to translate by 7 am the next morning. In ordinary waking reality, this would have meant getting up at least four or five hours before my deadline, in the early hours of the morning. But I also had numerous other things on my mind. Earlier that evening, my car engine had almost burnt out because of a leak in the radiator. With the car broken down, I was unable to pick up my 11-year-old son from the gym. It was 7 pm and all the shops and petrol stations were closing. This and a series of other difficulties meant I had to move the translation down my list of priorities that evening.

Anyway, at around 4.30 am I was still in bed and already three hours behind schedule. I was in a twilight state of consciousness, when I started experiencing a lucid awareness of being simultaneously in time and ‘out of time’. Only an hour earlier, I am sure I would have gone mad if I had tried to get into this state of consciousness. Yet, there I was, able to hold both notions in my mind at the same time, with no effort and no urge to shift from one state to the other.

Anything I wanted to do had both not happened yet and, simultaneously, had already happened. The reason I did not need to shift from one perspective to the other was that both realities were true for me at the same time.

Lingering in this amazing state of consciousness for quite a while, I concentrated my thoughts on various situations in my life and realised that whatever goal I had in mind, it would take no effort to achieve it. This was because, in the ‘bigger time’ in which I was immersed, it had already happened. Even the 14 pages I had to translate, the thought of which would normally have made me leap out of bed in a state of panic, had already been translated and in ideal circumstances.

This extraordinary state of awareness was followed by a dream brimming with positive outcomes, practical situations that I could see and examine in vivid detail. In each scenario it was clear to me that luck is merely a facet of life that occurs once we have learnt to apply the secret of ‘big time’. At the time, this concept was closely linked to what I had been studying for years regarding what is widely known today as the ‘law of attraction’.

The feelings and ideas that followed on that very challenging morning, were:

A) It is possible to have access at any time to the ‘big time’ in which our goals have already been reached.
B) I experienced a great sense of relaxation and the ability to take things easy, since no mental effort is required to achieve something that has already happened.
C) I felt a renewed wave of vital energy coming from the awareness that any goal that has already been set, no matter how farfetched, has already manifested in ‘big time’, and that the small linear time we experience only exists to give us a sense of achievement.

Needless to say, my translation work flowed smoothly that morning, taking much less time than it normally would - and, happily, the agency I was working for had set my deadline well in advance of the time they actually needed it.

This was my greatest breakthrough since I had started challenging the concept of linear time.

How did I challenge it? At first, in perhaps a somewhat childish way, delaying commitments that were important or boring, but which absolutely had to be completed by a certain date or time. When I went to school, for example, although I always had good grades, I usually stopped studying a specific topic altogether, once I had been tested on it. This meant that, time and time again, I found myself having to read chapter upon chapter in one sitting the day before the next test. I even remember spending just a single night swotting up for a university exam.

After that, I began to imagine the existence of parallel or alternative lives, which I had the opportunity to verify through vivid dreams, lucid dreams and out-of-body experiences.

Lastly, I sought out concrete opportunities to stop time. In fact, a few months earlier, I had already experienced the sensation of time slowing down while I was engrossed in pleasant activities (which is practically the complete opposite of what normally happens). It is commonly said that ‘time flies when you’re having fun’. Yet, as but one example, I recall being in an art class, enjoying the process of oil painting, when time seemed to stand still, allowing me to bask in the joy of the moment.

With this direct experience, I felt I had gained a tremendously powerful tool I could use to achieve anything. I could experience personally how wonderful our creative power is. Now, whenever I have a particular goal, I only have to recall that awareness to know that it has already been achieved.

Therefore, I believe it is extremely important to set goals when we feel we are in a dynamic, creative frame of mind, and to allow our own power to guide us.

I still feel that contemplative states of mind are just as valuable, as long as we truly feel contemplative in that moment. However, goal-setting seems to be one of those key skills we learn in the ‘here and now’.

[This article was professionally edited, which is why it may sound much more formal than it would have been had I written it here and now ;) .]

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Very cool.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:09 am

ben-f-fde

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Rey
test

Post by Rey » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Guilia wrote:"The feelings and ideas that followed on that very challenging morning, were:

A) It is possible to have access at any time to the ‘big time’ in which our goals have already been reached.

B) I experienced a great sense of relaxation and the ability to take things easy, since no mental effort is required to achieve something that has already happened.

C) I felt a renewed wave of vital energy coming from the awareness that any goal that has already been set, no matter how farfetched, has already manifested in ‘big time’, and that the small linear time we experience only exists to give us a sense of achievement.

Needless to say, my translation work flowed smoothly that morning, taking much less time than it normally would - and, happily, the agency I was working for had set my deadline well in advance of the time they actually needed it.

This was my greatest breakthrough since I had started challenging the concept of linear time.

A few thoughts came to mind when I saw the above.

(1) Is it possible that premonitions or intuitions operate from glimpsing of "big time" (intentional or inadvertent)? That is, when one is in doubt concerning the choice or path to take, then if one concentrates and intuits a glimpse into the future of an event that has already happened, then in small/linear time one chooses the direction or makes choices leading to the "done deal" future event, achievement or accomplishment.

(2) Could "done deal futures" be what's behind the classic NDE "Go Back, it is not your time" (ie, one needs to return to physical earth life to suitably meet up with what has already been completed [as per a priori agreed] in some event matrix consisting of "all-that-is") ?

(3) Could it be that people who experience what is termed "a life crisis" are really being affected by an inevitable destiny that (ultimately) must be fulfilled ?

Perhaps in this sense we are all actors on an earth (spacetime) stage, experiencing an a priory agreed upon destiny.

Could this be what co-creation (material world building) is all about ?

It comes as a total surprise
That what we learn from the ψ’s
Not the fate of the cat
But related to that :
The best we can ever surmise.

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:15 am

Rey wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm
(3) Could it be that people who experience what is termed "a life crisis" are really being affected by an inevitable destiny that (ultimately) must be fulfilled ?
Hi, Rey. Based on my own experience, such as one of those listed in my signature, there may be certain creative/action triggering factors that we are aware of 'beyond' physical life and 'beyond' time. However, in this experience

OBE - A Visit from the Future

in which I obviously got a really accurate glimpse about future events several years ahead of time, there did not appear to be anything inevitable about the life-crisis aspect of it. It was quite the opposite: I realised how powerful our free will is. Again, in that case, there appeared to be one event set in stone (Lucy's marriage), but the rest of the saga had to be played by ear, and it was thanks to Lucy's and her husband's firm determination that things took the turn they did.

Maybe the time of our transition to spirit is one of those events that are set in stone, as in the case of NDErs who are told it is not their time yet. Maybe we are not supposed to know what that time is, because from our physical ego's point of view it would rob us of our creative power.

For instance, spiritualist William Thomas Stead, who died as a result of the Titanic disaster, had many precognitive visions about the sinking of the Titanic (http://whitecrowbooks.com/features/page ... chael_tymn, http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/e ... ars_later/) but the only vision he had about his own death had to do with being kicked to death in the street by a mob: I always felt this was symbolic of the way sceptics treat after-death communicators).

IMHO, I believe I was granted that absence-of-time experience as a reminder that we are powerful creative beings when we set our goals from a loving and proactive standpoint, but I still feel we are multidimentional beings who are given many more opportunities than we realise and that the NOW is definitely the place where the greatest creative power lies.

I am really curious about what other members think about this thought-provoking topic.

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 am

Very and one of the most interesting questions about afterlife !!
For me, I think it is a misunderstanding to think that there is NO time in afterlife, there is just another kind of "time" !
Let me explain : everything here in this realm of earthly life is in movement everywhere (planets, particles, our bodies ... ) so movement/evolution IS with "timing" ... but you can have all kinds of "time" ... is there "movement" in afterlife ? no matter so no movement but in afterlife well there is ( as we can hear from experiencers ) some kind of evolution, we can study and acceed to other levels of consciousness = means there is time going over it ..... we can expect the arrival of other souls or the apparition or departure of them all around us ... we can choose to prepare another "materialisation on earth/reincarnation" so there goes time over it to prepare and discuss about it and then leave the spiritual world .... a soul can wait or attend for incarnation untill the mother it did choose is ready for birthgiving ( see NDE stories telling that kind of event ) ... so there is some other kind of time but because up there in afterlife we do not need to hurry at all we do not NEED time ! just as like you are on a splendid holliday at the beach of some paradise island you do not feel time passing by .... also there is no day or night in spiritual world, no need for sleep as I can understand, no need for food, no need for taking a flight ...
So yes there is some kind/another kind of time but because all is in the NOW moment that is infinite, time is also infinite in the NOW moment and if you want to experience it, manipulate it, you focus on it and it will be there for you to decide what to do in the NOW .... time is you, you are the time !!! here on earth we are NOT the time, we are split from it, still yes in the NOW moment ( in fact no past, no future ) but having an illusion of time passing by and we depending of it ! because we need and planned it that way otherwise our "material" world can not be realised, can not function, matter needs time to be matter !! my body needs time to become a adult but the atoms of my body are eternal because they are just energy.
Time as we know it is only in relation to matter, no matter/mass no time .....
So in afterlife lots of experiencers see their life revue : all at once, in a blink, no time involved, and yet they can focus in every possible moment of that life and re-experience that moment .... in fact they plunge again in that "virtual time moment" and become again a split spirit by just observing that moment so becoming a body again in just that moment ....
so you could well say that the "life-review" they see up there is the life they live at the SAME time here on earth but seeing it with their spiritual being always being in "heaven" ... me spirit up there following me ego body down here but during NDE being CONSCIOUS of me up there following me down here from up there .........
So up there I am the guide of my ego down here, I myself am my own angel here on earth ....
jeezes, who can say .......
If I have to live to know what real suffering is then I prefer to die to know what real living is.

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:12 am

dnix71 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm
Maybe in the next life the consequences of your thoughts are instant and therefore irreversible. We have time here so we can learn and change.

yes but if you make a "bad" choice up there you can also directly change and make a new better choice, focus on something better ... while in this life you have more time maybe to "decide" but if it is a bad voluntary choice once you decide it is irrevocable ! you decide to drink and drive ? accident ? you are left with the consequences .... you cannot make a new better choice here ...... this life "sucks" by all ways ..... you are lost with your choices ...... until death comes upon you ......
If I have to live to know what real suffering is then I prefer to die to know what real living is.

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:38 am

dnix71 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

I really think the people wanting to come back here on earth in material body ( reincarnation ) are just poor little souls ( MYSELF INCLUDED !!! ) who just want to live (again) a very EGO life with very selfish content, just because their spiritual evolution is still somewhat primitiv ....
just like wanting to look at a porn video knowing it is not so good but doing it anyways because well ...... or drinking too much because well we like the after-effects ..... or smoking a cigaret .... I speak also for myself !! yes sure ! sometimes we want to be/be again a horrible selfish greedy gourmand ego not paying attention to the others ..... hup and here we are again in this life learning again the lesson that this is all superficial ..... in fact we permit ourselves to descend to the "lower" levels of existence yes because this earth is a so beautiful fantastic creation but we are absolutely not ready yet to master this creation ! and that is the problem !!! one day we will, it will be heaven on earth yes it wil !! all the benefits of spirit life and all the ones of material world !
how do I know ? well I don't .... just feels like that .....

sunlionspirit
test

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:02 am

Giulia wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 am
Giulia wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

Here is an account of the experience I was referring to. It happened almost ten years ago.

On that morning, as I emerged one night from sleep, I found myself simultaneously both inside and outside of time. This extraordinary awakening (in all senses) took place at dawn on 23 May 2008.

At the time, I worked as a full-time translator for a number of translation agencies, and I often had to catch up on my work at night. That particular night, I had gone to bed knowing I had 14 pages to translate by 7 am the next morning. In ordinary waking reality, this would have meant getting up at least four or five hours before my deadline, in the early hours of the morning. But I also had numerous other things on my mind. Earlier that evening, my car engine had almost burnt out because of a leak in the radiator. With the car broken down, I was unable to pick up my 11-year-old son from the gym. It was 7 pm and all the shops and petrol stations were closing. This and a series of other difficulties meant I had to move the translation down my list of priorities that evening.

Anyway, at around 4.30 am I was still in bed and already three hours behind schedule. I was in a twilight state of consciousness, when I started experiencing a lucid awareness of being simultaneously in time and ‘out of time’. Only an hour earlier, I am sure I would have gone mad if I had tried to get into this state of consciousness. Yet, there I was, able to hold both notions in my mind at the same time, with no effort and no urge to shift from one state to the other.

Anything I wanted to do had both not happened yet and, simultaneously, had already happened. The reason I did not need to shift from one perspective to the other was that both realities were true for me at the same time.

Lingering in this amazing state of consciousness for quite a while, I concentrated my thoughts on various situations in my life and realised that whatever goal I had in mind, it would take no effort to achieve it. This was because, in the ‘bigger time’ in which I was immersed, it had already happened. Even the 14 pages I had to translate, the thought of which would normally have made me leap out of bed in a state of panic, had already been translated and in ideal circumstances.

This extraordinary state of awareness was followed by a dream brimming with positive outcomes, practical situations that I could see and examine in vivid detail. In each scenario it was clear to me that luck is merely a facet of life that occurs once we have learnt to apply the secret of ‘big time’. At the time, this concept was closely linked to what I had been studying for years regarding what is widely known today as the ‘law of attraction’.

The feelings and ideas that followed on that very challenging morning, were:

How did I challenge it? At first, in perhaps a somewhat childish way, delaying commitments that were important or boring, but which absolutely had to be completed by a certain date or time. When I went to school, for example, although I always had good grades, I usually stopped studying a specific topic altogether, once I had been tested on it. This meant that, time and time again, I found myself having to read chapter upon chapter in one sitting the day before the next test. I even remember spending just a single night swotting up for a university exam.

After that, I began to imagine the existence of parallel or alternative lives, which I had the opportunity to verify through vivid dreams, lucid dreams and out-of-body experiences.

Lastly, I sought out concrete opportunities to stop time. In fact, a few months earlier, I had already experienced the sensation of time slowing down while I was engrossed in pleasant activities (which is practically the complete opposite of what normally happens). It is commonly said that ‘time flies when you’re having fun’. Yet, as but one example, I recall being in an art class, enjoying the process of oil painting, when time seemed to stand still, allowing me to bask in the joy of the moment.

With this direct experience, I felt I had gained a tremendously powerful tool I could use to achieve anything. I could experience personally how wonderful our creative power is. Now, whenever I have a particular goal, I only have to recall that awareness to know that it has already been achieved.

Therefore, I believe it is extremely important to set goals when we feel we are in a dynamic, creative frame of mind, and to allow our own power to guide us.

I still feel that contemplative states of mind are just as valuable, as long as we truly feel contemplative in that moment. However, goal-setting seems to be one of those key skills we learn in the ‘here and now’.

[This article was professionally edited, which is why it may sound much more formal than it would have been had I written it here and now ;) .]
YOU LUCKY ONE !!! would like to have such experiences also ! jeezes what a lucky man you are capable of having such profound experiences full of content to think so much further about !!!

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 am

sunlionspirit wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 am
For me, I think it is a misunderstanding to think that there is NO time in afterlife, there is just another kind of "time" !
Let me explain : everything here in this realm of earthly life is in movement everywhere (planets, particles, our bodies ... ) so movement/evolution IS with "timing" ... but you can have all kinds of "time" ... is there "movement" in afterlife ? no matter so no movement but in afterlife well there is ( as we can hear from experiencers ) some kind of evolution, we can study and acceed to other levels of consciousness = means there is time going over it ..... we can expect the arrival of other souls or the apparition or departure of them all around us ... we can choose to prepare another "materialisation on earth/reincarnation" so there goes time over it to prepare and discuss about it and then leave the spiritual world .... a soul can wait or attend for incarnation untill the mother it did choose is ready for birthgiving ( see NDE stories telling that kind of event ) ... so there is some other kind of time but because up there in afterlife we do not need to hurry at all we do not NEED time ! just as like you are on a splendid holliday at the beach of some paradise island you do not feel time passing by .... also there is no day or night in spiritual world, no need for sleep as I can understand, no need for food, no need for taking a flight ...
So yes there is some kind/another kind of time but because all is in the NOW moment that is infinite, time is also infinite in the NOW moment and if you want to experience it, manipulate it, you focus on it and it will be there for you to decide what to do in the NOW .... time is you, you are the time !!! here on earth we are NOT the time, we are split from it, still yes in the NOW moment ( in fact no past, no future ) but having an illusion of time passing by and we depending of it ! because we need and planned it that way otherwise our "material" world can not be realised, can not function, matter needs time to be matter !! my body needs time to become a adult but the atoms of my body are eternal because they are just energy.
Time as we know it is only in relation to matter, no matter/mass no time .....
So in afterlife lots of experiencers see their life revue : all at once, in a blink, no time involved, and yet they can focus in every possible moment of that life and re-experience that moment .... in fact they plunge again in that "virtual time moment" and become again a split spirit by just observing that moment so becoming a body again in just that moment ....
so you could well say that the "life-review" they see up there is the life they live at the SAME time here on earth but seeing it with their spiritual being always being in "heaven" ... me spirit up there following me ego body down here but during NDE being CONSCIOUS of me up there following me down here from up there .........
So up there I am the guide of my ego down here, I myself am my own angel here on earth ....
jeezes, who can say .......
That's a really amazing dissertation on time, sunlionspirit :) There is a book you might actually enjoy on the topic, unless you have already come across it. It was written by John L. Brooker, and it is called If Heaven Is So Wonderful … Why Come Here? How to Discover Our “Whole Being” (Blue Dolphin Publishing, Inc, 2004). Basically it says that our real point of power is always NOW and that we are already reaping the benefits of past, present and future. The feeling one gets is really motivating and energising.

Rey
test

Post by Rey » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Last night on C2C during "open lines", host Dave Schrader told how once when he and his son were driving in the family car on an icy road, the car spun out of control, skidded into the road side ditch then bounded back onto the road dangerously into the path of on-coming traffic. Ultimately, no one was seriously hurt, and the whole incident couldnt have lasted much more than maybe 10 seconds. However, during that brief time interval, Dave related how he was able to have a whole (and rather deep) conversation or series of communication exchanges with his son regarding the unfolding situation. Dave stated that the level and degree of communication and exchange which took place between them in the vehicle during the few seconds that the incident lasted was something that seemed not possible and that it effectively was as if time drastically slowed or maybe even stood still.

Dave attributed the phenomenon to consciousness being forced to focus totally in the "NOW."

While listening to Dave's testimony, I couldnt help thinking about material from David R. Hawkins' "Power vs Force" discussion on "Characteristics of Pure Consciousness".

Hawkins reminds that the reciprocal of Rene Descartes' famous phrase, "I think therefore I am," is "I am, therefore I think."

"Because thinking takes place as form, Decartes is correct; that which has form must already have existence in order to have form. "I am" is a statement of awareness, witnessing that the capacity for experience is independent of form. Descartes implies that consciousness is only aware of itself when it assumes form. But the enlightened throughout history have disagreed, customarily stating that consciousness is beyond form and is, indeed, the very omnipotent matrix out of which form arises. Modern physicists concur, for example, David Bohm's concept of an "enfolded" versus "unfolded" universe.

Without consciousness, there would be nothing to experience form. It could also be said that form itself, as a product of perception with no independent existence, is thus transitory and limited, whereas consciousness is all-encompassing and unlimited. How could that which is transitory, with a clear beginning and ending, create that which is formless, all-encompassing and omnipresent ? However, if we see that the notion of limitation itself is merely a product of perception with no intrinsic reality, then the riddle solves itself: form becomes an expression of the formless. Ontologically, consciousness is an aspect of "Is-ness" and "Being-ness" and is implicit in human's definition of their self as human. Human-ness is only one expression of being-ness.

One characteristic of the experience of pure consciousness is a perception of timelessness (or timelessness of perception). Consciousness is experienced as beyond all form and time and seen everywhere equally present. It is described as "Is-ness' or "Being-ness" and in the spiritual literature as "I-am-ness." Consciousness does not recognize separation, which is the consequence of a limitation of perception. The enlightened state is of a "Oneness" in which there is no division into separate parts. Such division is only apparent from a localized perception; it is really only incidental to a fixed point of view.
"

Ref: Power vs Force (The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior) by David R. Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D.; HAY HOUSE, INC. 2012

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 am

Hi, Rey.

The incident reported at C2C is really interesting and reminds me of another one which I did not get to report last time I wrote on the topic.

When my husband was about three years old, he almost drowned. As he was drowning he started seeing pictures from his very short life, experiences he could not remember at the time. He was then saved and forgot about it. In his late 20s he was parachuting and his main parachute did not open. At that point he started seeing the very same pictures he had seen when he was drowning as a child and realised he was in a life threatening situation (of course the whole thing happened in a matter of seconds). He realised that the ambulance and the people on the landing area were all rushing towards the point where he was expected to land, he could ‘hear’ their thoughts and decided he needed to open the safety parachute. He had ‘all the time’ to notice these things and think about the situation: he pulled the steel device required to open the safety parachute with such strength that if broke (I guess that had to do with adrenaline). Anyway the second parachute opened and he was not injured. This is another instance of time stopping which I have a first-hand account of.

Thanks for the Hawkins reference. A really interesting read. :)