Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

Locked
MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 pm

The feelings of love, bliss, and joy during ndes (near death experiences) are said to be indescribable. It is at an indescribable level. It is at a level of profoundness and intensity way off the charts. It is not normal. It is an experience way beyond normal. Something that would never be experienced in the waking world. But does this also apply to other feelings/emotions as well such as hopelessness (depression), fear, horror, etc.?

In other words, are they also feelings way off the charts and nothing normal like what we experience in the waking world? Or is this just limited to the feelings of bliss, love, and joy? What I am asking is that is it only the feelings/emotions of love, bliss, and joy that are at an indescribable level while the negative feelings/emotions remain at a normal intensity such as what we experience in the waking world?

For anyone who has had an nde, what was your experience like? Did the negative feelings/emotions such as despair and horror just seem like extremely intense feelings/emotions that you would experience in the waking world? Or are they abnormally profound and intense such as something that can only be experienced in dreams? Were they at an indescribable level like the feelings of love, joy, and bliss that many nde experiencers say they experienced? Or did they just seem like very intense feelings/emotions that one would experience in their waking life?



ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:00 am

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by ano1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:05 pm

For me, there were no negative feelings. Only positive.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:28 pm

ano1 wrote:For me, there were no negative feelings. Only positive.
Thanks for sharing. I would like to hear from others so they can answer my questions.

Precaud
test
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Sunny New Mexico

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by Precaud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 am

MattMVS7 wrote:The feelings of love, bliss, and joy during ndes (near death experiences) are said to be indescribable. It is at an indescribable level. It is at a level of profoundness and intensity way off the charts. It is not normal. It is an experience way beyond normal. Something that would never be experienced in the waking world. But does this also apply to other feelings/emotions as well such as hopelessness (depression), fear, horror, etc.?
IMO, that's not a correct assumption. I've had "real-life" experiences that had the same feeling of complete love and bliss.
In other words, are they also feelings way off the charts and nothing normal like what we experience in the waking world? Or is this just limited to the feelings of bliss, love, and joy? What I am asking is that is it only the feelings/emotions of love, bliss, and joy that are at an indescribable level while the negative feelings/emotions remain at a normal intensity such as what we experience in the waking world?
They're all "describable". And they're all nothing to be afraid of. They come, and they pass. It sounds to me like you're giving way too much power to your emotional states, and are afraid of "losing yourself" in them. They don't innately have that kind of power.
For anyone who has had an nde, what was your experience like? Did the negative feelings/emotions such as despair and horror just seem like extremely intense feelings/emotions that you would experience in the waking world? Or are they abnormally profound and intense such as something that can only be experienced in dreams? Were they at an indescribable level like the feelings of love, joy, and bliss that many nde experiencers say they experienced? Or did they just seem like very intense feelings/emotions that one would experience in their waking life?
May I ask, what is your age? These concerns all sound like an identity crisis typical of say 27 to 33.

One feature of NDE to keep in mind is that of Acceptance. One can not maintain an identification with the part of you that operates from fear or anticipation for long. The futility of resistance becomes immediately apparent and is just as immediately abandoned. That is, in part, what contributes to the feeling of love and bliss. One has no choice but to let go of all the expectations, fears, anticipations, etc. and there is a great relief in letting them go.

But you don't have to wait for an NDE to come along to do that. As others have said in one of your other threads, this is a treatable condition and one that you shouldn't live with, let alone die with. Of course, it will come to an end then. But why wait? Why live with it? Be kind to yourself, be a responsible caretaker of yourself, and by all means seek help.

Peace.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Precaud wrote:They're all "describable". And they're all nothing to be afraid of. They come, and they pass. It sounds to me like you're giving way too much power to your emotional states, and are afraid of "losing yourself" in them. They don't innately have that kind of power.
No, I know what I've experienced. The hopelessness (depression) I experienced in my nightmares was not just some very unpleasant feeling and nothing more. It was like being in the worst possible place of hell. I am not just giving power to this feeling. I am describing the experience for what it truly was. Feelings/emotions are not just simply pleasant and unpleasant sensations for me. They are like the powers of heaven and hell. Again, I am not just giving power to them. I am describing what my experience is of them.

The most powerful feelings of love and bliss in dreams and waking life is like receiving the most powerful force of heaven. It is like sensing the sheer power of heaven itself and transforming your entire reality into a paradise. It is like living on the highest realms. But depression (hopelessness) is like sensing the sheer power of hell which transforms your entire reality into hell. It is like living on the lowest possible realms.

If I were to have dreams/nightmares with the best and worst possible imagery, but no feelings experienced whatsoever from them (in a pretend situation), then it is like they have no power. I am unable to sense the heavenly and hellish power they have and am only witnessing images. It is like the heavenly and hellish power they have has been put on mute. But the actual feelings themselves experienced from them is like either being lowered into the lowest realms of hell or being brought to the highest realms of heaven.

I've experienced very intense feelings of hopelessness (depression) in my life. It was the most intense depression I could experience in my waking life. But the hopelessness experienced in my nightmares goes far beyond that. It is not a normal level of depression at all. It is a completely abnormal mental state. Feelings/emotions in dreams/nightmares can be like that. They are extremely powerful in dreams/nightmares and go way beyond normal.

Dream mental states tend to be abnormal mental states that we would never experience in our normal waking world. That goes for the power of feelings/emotions in dreams as well. They are also abnormally powerful mental states in dreams/nightmares. We cannot know what an experience is like for an individual since we cannot experience what he/she is experiencing.

You might be judging my personal experience of depression in my nightmares as nothing more than an unpleasant feeling (sensation). But that is not what the actual experience was for me. You haven't experienced what I experienced to know. No words can describe it and it goes far beyond the worst place of hell and I don't ever wish to experience that again in a hellish nde or a life review. Even the worst possible feelings of fear, horror, and all other negative feelings/emotions are nothing in comparison.

Knowing that I could experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review has completely taken me away from all the joy and meaning in this world. I no longer feel like I am a part of this world anymore and am now way off in a separate realm that is nothing but empty and hellish. Knowing that I could experience that level of depression again during a life review or a hellish nde has completely taken my life away from me.

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by Giulia » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:49 pm

MattMVS7 wrote:Knowing that I could experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review has completely taken me away from all the joy and meaning in this world. I no longer feel like I am a part of this world anymore and am now way off in a separate realm that is nothing but empty and hellish. Knowing that I could experience that level of depression again during a life review or a hellish nde has completely taken my life away from me.
Matt, you stated in one of your posts that you are not suffering from nightmares anymore. At the same time you state you are obsessed by the fear of reliving your nightmares somehow, and that this has taken your life away.

We are not qualified to offer medical assistance for this or any other condition, and we can only recommend you seek prefessional advice. As you said, we are not in a position to imagine what you have been through.

However, may I ask why you expect to have a near death experience? Are you suffering from any life threatening illness, besides the state of mind you are complaining about?
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Giulia wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote:Knowing that I could experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review has completely taken me away from all the joy and meaning in this world. I no longer feel like I am a part of this world anymore and am now way off in a separate realm that is nothing but empty and hellish. Knowing that I could experience that level of depression again during a life review or a hellish nde has completely taken my life away from me.
Matt, you stated in one of your posts that you are not suffering from nightmares anymore. At the same time you state you are obsessed by the fear of reliving your nightmares somehow, and that this has taken your life away.

We are not qualified to offer medical assistance for this or any other condition, and we can only recommend you seek prefessional advice. As you said, we are not in a position to imagine what you have been through.

However, may I ask why you expect to have a near death experience? Are you suffering from any life threatening illness, besides the state of mind you are complaining about?
I wouldn't use the word "complaining" as that word implies to me someone who is just simply fed up with life and complaining about their problems. Someone who is not all that much in a serious situation who just needs to just move on and grow up. I wouldn't consider myself complaining. I am describing to you just how horrible of an experience that was for me and how much this has taken my life away from me. I do have a heart problem and I worry that one day I could have a heart attack and have a near death experience.

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by Giulia » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:23 pm

MattMVS7 wrote:I wouldn't use the word "complaining" as that word implies to me someone who is just simply fed up with life and complaining about their problems. Someone who is not all that much in a serious situation who just needs to just move on and grow up. I wouldn't consider myself complaining. I am describing to you just how horrible of an experience that was for me and how much this has taken my life away from me. I do have a heart problem and I worry that one day I could have a heart attack and have a near death experience.
Thanks for explaining, Matt. I should have said "complaining of", not "about", sorry. My comment had to do with the fact that, based on how you are wording your discomfort, I see this as a medical complaint I do not have an answer for.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:43 am

I really wish to know if others have experienced what I am about to explain so that others can relate to me. First off, here is a link that describes the level of bliss, joy, and love that many people who have had ndes say they experienced:

http://www.near-death.com/science/resea ... tions.html

Now imagine if hopelessness (depression) were experienced at that level. No, it would not just be an experience where you are just really hopeless and beaten down. It would be an experience that no human being would ever want to have. It is something far worse and horrible than you can ever comprehend.

I have experienced this level of depression in my nightmares. I don't ever want to experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review. Knowing that there is a possibility that I could since there are hellish and distressing ndes has completely taken my life away from me.

This is not just a matter of me obsessing and that level of depression is not just simply a very unpleasant experience and nothing more. It is far more than just some unpleasant feeling. It is the worst experience that is humanly possible. Think of the worst level of depression that is humanly possible to experience and what that must be like.

Precaud
test
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Sunny New Mexico

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by Precaud » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:21 am

MattMVS7 wrote:I really wish to know if others have experienced what I am about to explain so that others can relate to me. First off, here is a link that describes the level of bliss, joy, and love that many people who have had ndes say they experienced:

http://www.near-death.com/science/resea ... tions.html

Now imagine if hopelessness (depression) were experienced at that level. No, it would not just be an experience where you are just really hopeless and beaten down. It would be an experience that no human being would ever want to have. It is something far worse and horrible than you can ever comprehend.

I have experienced this level of depression in my nightmares. I don't ever want to experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review. Knowing that there is a possibility that I could since there are hellish and distressing ndes has completely taken my life away from me.

This is not just a matter of me obsessing and that level of depression is not just simply a very unpleasant experience and nothing more. It is far more than just some unpleasant feeling. It is the worst experience that is humanly possible. Think of the worst level of depression that is humanly possible to experience and what that must be like.
Matt, with respect, I have problems with what you are seeking to do here. You incorrectly assume many things. There is a level of hyperbole in your descriptions that any rational person has to be cautious of. It's a real stretch of credibility to accept that what you are describing is "worse than anything you (i.e. us) could possibly imagine", the "worst that is humanly possible", "something you could never comprehend", and other statements of that ilk. If that is true, if it is beyond our limited comprehension, then why should any of us even bother? Why should we care? You're the King of Pain (ever heard that song?) and in a class all by yourself, and all we can do is look on with pity and curiosity.

Your descriptions are full of unnecessary hype that serves no useful purpose. And it really doesn't have anything to do with an NDE.

To be frank, I see a high degree of self-deception going on here. If it's humanly possible, then others HAVE experienced it and your kidding yourself by describing it the way you do. Many people, myself included, have experienced intense psychological and existential pain. It wasn't "the end"; but it was the context for a significant transformation. Plus, you have no way of knowing it is the worst. What is the yardstick for such a statement? Is appears to me you just made it up. Anyone who is in pain is experiencing the worst pain and there is no scale of comparison and no justification to do so.

Allow your logical faculties to get involved. At some point your desire to get beyond it will be stronger than the preoccupation with it. If you're really convinced it is the true state of affairs for you, then go with it, give yourself to it, explore it. Stare the dragon in the eyes, and come back and tell us about it. Reclaim the power that is being mistakenly given to this fear.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Intensity of feelings/emotions in an nde

Post by MattMVS7 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Precaud wrote:
MattMVS7 wrote:I really wish to know if others have experienced what I am about to explain so that others can relate to me. First off, here is a link that describes the level of bliss, joy, and love that many people who have had ndes say they experienced:

http://www.near-death.com/science/resea ... tions.html

Now imagine if hopelessness (depression) were experienced at that level. No, it would not just be an experience where you are just really hopeless and beaten down. It would be an experience that no human being would ever want to have. It is something far worse and horrible than you can ever comprehend.

I have experienced this level of depression in my nightmares. I don't ever want to experience that again during a hellish nde or a life review. Knowing that there is a possibility that I could since there are hellish and distressing ndes has completely taken my life away from me.

This is not just a matter of me obsessing and that level of depression is not just simply a very unpleasant experience and nothing more. It is far more than just some unpleasant feeling. It is the worst experience that is humanly possible. Think of the worst level of depression that is humanly possible to experience and what that must be like.
Matt, with respect, I have problems with what you are seeking to do here. You incorrectly assume many things. There is a level of hyperbole in your descriptions that any rational person has to be cautious of. It's a real stretch of credibility to accept that what you are describing is "worse than anything you (i.e. us) could possibly imagine", the "worst that is humanly possible", "something you could never comprehend", and other statements of that ilk. If that is true, if it is beyond our limited comprehension, then why should any of us even bother? Why should we care? You're the King of Pain (ever heard that song?) and in a class all by yourself, and all we can do is look on with pity and curiosity.

Your descriptions are full of unnecessary hype that serves no useful purpose. And it really doesn't have anything to do with an NDE.

To be frank, I see a high degree of self-deception going on here. If it's humanly possible, then others HAVE experienced it and your kidding yourself by describing it the way you do. Many people, myself included, have experienced intense psychological and existential pain. It wasn't "the end"; but it was the context for a significant transformation. Plus, you have no way of knowing it is the worst. What is the yardstick for such a statement? Is appears to me you just made it up. Anyone who is in pain is experiencing the worst pain and there is no scale of comparison and no justification to do so.

Allow your logical faculties to get involved. At some point your desire to get beyond it will be stronger than the preoccupation with it. If you're really convinced it is the true state of affairs for you, then go with it, give yourself to it, explore it. Stare the dragon in the eyes, and come back and tell us about it. Reclaim the power that is being mistakenly given to this fear.
I would agree that others have experienced hopelessness as profound and intense as mine in my nightmares. It's just that I would personally describe that experience as far beyond anything and the worst possible human experience I could have and I am obsessed and worried about having that same experience again during a hellish nde or a life review. This experience of hopelessness is not a normal intense human experience one would have in their waking lives. It is a completely abnormal mental state experienced in the dream state. It is a far more powerful hopelessness that cannot be experienced in the waking world.

Locked