Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Absence of Time

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 am

I am looking for peoples input on Absence of Time .

That to me has got to be the most unique thing I can ever imagine.

When we are alive , are we moving at such a slow vibration to when we pass on . so many people speak of people waiting for them when they pass , but if there is no such thing as time how can you be waiting for someone.

Id like to hear other people opinions regarding the absence of time and see where the discussion leads.

I myself cant put the concept of " Absense of Time " into words that make sence to me as we are all controlled and manipulated by " Time " and other people who " Have control Of our Time "

In my world ( life ) like many other people Time, has become a Thing that is used to gauge our life

1. Pay by the hour
    How long does it take to get there
    You have so many hours to complete a study coarse
    you have an appointment at a certain time

and the list goes on and on !!!!!!!!

After reading all of the stories on nderf.org about peoples experences the one part of the experence that really intrigues me is the absece of time .

We all know that TIME is a man made thing to account for the rotation of the earth to create day and night and to account for the rotation around the sun that creates the various seasons.

I would like to share a very wonderful poem by Robert Hastings that has been the guiding principal of my life since I found it

Eccles 9:12

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24 ,
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

dnix71

Re: Absence of Time

Post by dnix71 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Maybe in the next life the consequences of your thoughts are instant and therefore irreversible. We have time here so we can learn and change.

Many of the NDE's report if you wanted to see someone all you had to do was think about them. If you wanted a prop (like a bench to sit on) all you had to do was think it and it was so. Instant gratification in this life leads to trouble.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 pm

dnix71 wrote:Maybe in the next life the consequences of your thoughts are instant and therefore irreversible. We have time here so we can learn and change.

Many of the NDE's report if you wanted to see someone all you had to do was think about them. If you wanted a prop (like a bench to sit on) all you had to do was think it and it was so. Instant gratification in this life leads to trouble.
I agree that " Instant Gratification " in this life can be trouble but that depends on what you are using to satisfy the "Instant Gratification "

My Instant Gratification is so simple .... I stop ..... and I look at the trees or the sky or the field growing something ..... and I say Thank You ....

and I have my Instant Gratification .........................

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

dnix71

Post by dnix71 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:44 pm

A second possibility is that time does exist in the presence of God, but it doesn't matter, because there is no decay. This universe has entropy, which is to say that the ability to do useful work declines continuously. The Creation is decaying under the weight of sin and that is felt as time passing.

CathyK

Post by CathyK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm

That's an interesting second possibility you present dnix71; but rather than entropy being caused by 'sin', might it be simply a feature/characteristic of 3 dimensional physicality - 'materialness'. In the physical world, 'Time' can be said to be the separating of the sequence of events. In the non-physical, spiritual world, 'eternity' may be an easier concept for the human mind to understand if there is no separation of events, i.e., all events that ever were or ever would be exist in a continual 'Now'.

dnix71

Post by dnix71 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:29 pm

There is time in Heaven according to the Bible.
Rev 8:1 "When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour."

But God is eternal and never changes. Time is measured here by change. The hands on a clock move, the sun rises and sets, constellations move through the sky, people mature, grow old and die. Kingdoms rise and fall. Stuff wears out. In Heaven there will be no sun moon and stars because Jesus will be the Light of Heaven. Yesterday still was but it will always be Today. But Yesterday and the pain and sin of it will be forgotten after the Judgment so only Today remains.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 am

Ah now this is the kind of dialog We are all waiting for

very interesting opinions there and I see that you figured out how to use the pop up bible verse thing that was installed.

That the first time it has been used for a discussion and I see it works very well

I will have to re read these posts and reply later

Im still busy fixing mistakes I have made setting this up

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Alberto

Post by Alberto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Don't worry about mistakes made when setting this up Garry. i can assure you that debugging is the daily companion and bread of any web design activity. Nothing works at the first shot with web design. Ever. It takes days of fine tuning, and once done you discover that room for improvements, for unexpected behaviours and interactions, and for further adjustments and new unexpected bugs accounts for month and months of further activity.
There is a reason big companies release bugfixes unceasingly :-)
You're doing great, and i didn't stumble, personally, in one single malfunction yet.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Alberto

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

tony123

Post by tony123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 am

But God is eternal and never changes. Time is measured here by change. The hands on a clock move, the sun rises and sets, constellations move through the sky, people mature, grow old and die. Kingdoms rise and fall. dnix71
So time is a concept created by men whose implications affect us all while living in this 3 dimensional world -mind,space and time.
Pay by the hour
How long does it take to get there
You have so many hours to complete a study coarse
you have an appointment at a certain time

and the list goes on and on !!!!!!!! Garry

Another detail that i found relevant brought about by drix was the dichotomic approach into time between consciousness out of the body and consciousness incarnated. And i wonder how a nder can judge things differently. Perhaps and most probably the moral aspects of existence may gain in importance overpower and take over the material values of simple wordly pleasures.
in a word everything which feeds a selfish material oriented living. But when we return to spirit-life, we compare those fugitive enjoyments with the freedom and happiness we obtain, even if it is through occasional glimpses as someone going through a close brush to death, out of the body consciousness may judge things differently, now that consciousness owns all its attributes (many of them lost cause the physical body blurs perception) such happiness cannot be compared to a little temporary suffering. Here we have a paradox= things as the human being view as incarnate, and the new paradigm that unveils before the eyes of consciousness out of the body.

tony123

Post by tony123 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 am

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24, "This is
the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, swim more rivers, climb more
mountains, kiss more babies, count more stars. Laugh more and cry less. Go barefoot oftener.
Eat more ice cream. Ride more merry-go-rounds. Watch more sunsets. Life must be lived as we
go along. The station will come soon enough.

Carpe Diem @Garry i just read the article in one long deep breath.while the train rode. It's breathtaking such a seemingly neve r ending journey in space and time. Digging in the moment even in the waking hours with a feeling of appreciation for every single manifestation of the creation that we come across every moment. Unfortunately Garry people interested in spirituality in general and in ndes in particular tend to underestimate our objective 3dimensional existence upon the earth.It s a mistake.

RoseSTE1962

Post by RoseSTE1962 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 pm

My experience involved entering into infinite Light through a doorway. When I entered into it and looked behind me the doorway was gone. This is because it was a passage to the infinite dimension and there cannot be a door there. This dimension is timeless. The prismic, golden strands of brilliant Light reached on forever, into my heart, conferring divine Love and instant awareness of universal truths.

Now, if you ask a physicist about how a photon experiences time, you will find that light particles do not experience time at all. The light that you see coming from the sun has not aged since the beginning of time! The Light in the next world is the same way. When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time. And in between our material manifestations we are in the timeless dimension. Our astral selves are separate entities. But ultimately we become one with the timeless Light from whence we came - that is the ultimate cycle of all the cycles.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Now, if you ask a physicist about how a photon experiences time, you will find that light particles do not experience time at all. The light that you see coming from the sun has not aged since the beginning of time! The Light in the next world is the same way. When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time. And in between our material manifestations we are in the timeless dimension. Our astral selves are separate entities. But ultimately we become one with the timeless Light from whence we came - that is the ultimate cycle of all the cycles.
When we assume a material form, we are essentially light slowed down (and this is from a physics/relativity perspective). We are Spirit slowed down, experiencing time.
So when we are in a life threatening situation such as a car accident and every thing goes into slow motion , so it seems , then what I am reading in your post says that we are essentially on the verge of reentering the timeless spirit world where things haven't slowed down but we essentially are speeded up ....

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

RoseSTE1962

Post by RoseSTE1962 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi Garry,

It could be that the slowed down time experienced in life threatening situations is a preparation for entry into the timeless dimension. I am only familiar with the difference between experiencing the infinite light and experiencing normal time in which we are now communicating.

Here is another situation. When I meditate and reconnect with the infinite Light/timeless dimension, information is conferred to me instantaneously. But when I try to explain it I run into trouble. Frustrated I say to myself, it seemed so clear. Why is it taking so long to explain? Why so complicated and wordy? Because it is slowed down here.

LifeReview

Post by LifeReview » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 pm

I think Source "lives" in the Unmanifested without matter around, but with lots of information around. Personally, I envision Source as like a bubbling cauldron of experience, like the surface of the sun. There are these huge loops of coronal mass ejection all over the place. They spew out and then return to the Source. These would be our lives. In our lives, time seems and IS real, but if you are looking at this big kaleidoscope sun-like consciousness cauldron -if you are standing off to the side- all sense of time would be meaningless because you are in the Unmanifested Space looking at the Information space pumping out timelines/lives.

tony123

Post by tony123 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:09 am

The Creation is decaying under the weight of sin and that is felt as time passing. Dnix71

Decoding the theological dogmatic like expression into psychology we would have the following message= The notion of time does not exist alone per si. People suffering from guilt feeling for having broken cosmic laws will tend to experience time coping with a slow motion like dramatic movie for time goes slow for those who suffer. Is that what you have in mind, Dnix?

Arrow

Post by Arrow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Lack of time for me was not noticed. But as I consider with my heart not mind I think time is there and meaningful but measured differently. As with the increased vibrations you could expect a host of Physics blown away. Leaving the place we call home to deal with these complex and intelligent bodies is hard work. I have trouble with time since I woke up. It slips by really fast for me. As I worry less of the outcome of my choices and attached to the outcome I feel it speed up even more.
[bible]Love One Another[/bible]

LifeReview

Post by LifeReview » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Arrow wrote: As I worry less of the outcome of my choices and attached to the outcome I feel it speed up even more.
Hi Arrow. Which way do you mean? When you are intellectualizing and thinking about worldy outcome, time is fast? Or when you are peaceful, centered, and in karma yoga (proper work regardless of thanks/outcome), time goes fast?

I have been wondering this recently. "Time flies when you are having fun" is the old phrase. So, if you in the moment, fully present yet without mental chatter (as Tolle would say), will you subjectively feel the time, the year, going by fast or slow?

Dina

Post by Dina » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Dear Misha (my father´s name was also Misha)

think that there is psychological time. When we are happy time seems to pass too quickly because we want to keep on doing what we do like.
When we are bored, we want the event to end, and we start focusing on time, and it seems as though time doesn´t pass.

Dina

Post by Dina » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:37 pm

God is light, that is why he is eternal, we are light, that is why we are eternal, that´s what I think Garry.

LifeReview

Post by LifeReview » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Dina
Totally agree!
We're glad you are here!
Have you had an NDE, or are you just spiritual anyway?

CathyK

Post by CathyK » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

[blink]God is Light. At the speed of light there is an eternal Now At the speed of Light there is no time and no matter., yellow, black[/blink]

We are God Light slowed down Slowed down we experience the passing of time and the solidity of matter

The main difficulty I have is understanding why God would do this

LifeReview

Post by LifeReview » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:40 pm

CathyK wrote:The main difficulty I have is understanding why God would do this
Maybe for company?
If I'm a music teacher and my student gets better and better, and then they get their own musical ideas, they become a peer and 'fun to jam with'. At least that's how I view it. Companionship. I think a long time ago, there was a Loving Unity, and that Unity decided to Individuate in order to get more experiences. It was in an NDE i read a couple years back. Too bad I don't recall which one but it was REALLY deep.

BTW, Eckhardt Tolle rules, if you haven't read him.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:51 pm

CathyK wrote:
[blink]God is Light. At the speed of light there is an eternal Now At the speed of Light there is no time and no matter., yellow, black[/blink]

We are God Light slowed down Slowed down we experience the passing of time and the solidity of matter

that was the best explanation in human words for us simple people I have ever heard
This part is really easy to explain

if as it says some where in the Bible

1 day to God
is
like a 1000 years on earth which equals 365 days *1000= ( 365,000 of our days )

We are here for an average of 75 years which = ( 27,365 of our days )

so therefore 365000 Days / 27365 Days = 13.3 % of a God Day

13.3 % of 24 hours = 3.19 hours in relationship to a day up there

So really all it boils down to is that we have gone to an amusement park for a 3 hour stretch of fun and enjoyment

So

Are we having any fun yet ?

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

scottwUSA

Post by scottwUSA » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:24 pm

This is always interesting topic and there has been some very good expressions.

During my experience, I didn’t move or experience an absence of time, rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is. A person who experiences an event like a NDE has expressed they moved faster than time, became time or were beyond time represented as light. It wasn’t absent, just not relative because we don’t know any other conscious understanding of only what we associate presently. We have difficulty in our relativity because we compare or base our understanding to us rather than us to it. So, the concept of time isn’t man made, it’s our relationship of time that’s man made. We've created purposes that benefit our species.

In my experience, I was shown everything in the cosmos has a form of consciousness based on its time and place. We assume self centered again, that human beings are the only species or entities capable of a conscious. So if these elements don’t have a conscious or awareness, how does it know what, when or how to bond with other elements to create, recreate or incarnate into the forms they do? As for consciousness, this is created when vibration takes form. The form of that consciousness is relative to its time of purpose. Time and consciousness has an endless amount of forms of expression.

I think what’s important is to establish from what conception are we observing time through. We generally associate our measure to it from this present time, with our present capacities and consciousness. So when we determine values, it’s always been relative to ourselves then outward. So we are in a manner still centering time from ourselves. Time has become a paradigm due to how it’s expanded our capacities, technology, knowledge and understanding to significant shifts of our consciousness.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 am

During my experience, I didn’t move or experience an absence of time, rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is.

A person who experiences an event like a NDE has expressed they moved faster than time, became time or were beyond time represented as light. It wasn’t absent, just not relative because we don’t know any other conscious understanding of only what we associate presently.

We have difficulty in our relativity because we compare or base our understanding to us rather than us to it. So, the concept of time isn’t man made, it’s our relationship of time that’s man made. We've created purposes that benefit our species.
This actually makes sense to me, based on this section of your posting :

Code: Select all

rather for a time I experienced an absence of what our consciousness of time here is.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

scottwUSA

Post by scottwUSA » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:22 pm

LOL, that is a much simpler way of breaking it down.. sorry if I babbled.. :)

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Babbling is fully allowed and greatly appreciated as it means someone else does the work of typing and then we can use the computer to break it down into digestible chunks.

Sooooooo

Babble on

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

sunlionspirit

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am

I see it like this, from a scientific point of view : space-time exists and the void is there, full of energy. Sometimes "particles" emerge from the void and disappear immediatly, you could say they pop in into the "material world" and "time", live there a very short time and disappear. Our space and time could well be such a bubble/particle that popped out from the void into material being for existing some time and will disappear also after a while.
Everything exists for eternity behind the curtain of the void and as quantum physics tells us sometimes something "real" pops out of this void into "reality" for just a blimp of a time fraction .....
We are in the bubble of space-time but when we die our spirit goes into the eternal void again with full consciousness because it comes from there and returns. So will space-time do in its totality at some point ?
When on earth our spirit is in the material body but it still continues to exist at the same time in the eternal spiritual world, here on earth we are the shadow of our spirit but/and we forget all about it until death.
The void is the totality of information, it is there for all time, living on earth is gaining information, is manipulating information like a computer does, so that takes time ... up there in spirit world information is directly disponible, no time needed.
It's like making a car, the idea is there, the planning, the info and then we start working on it until the result is we can see the car, but the idea was always there, the virtual spirit car was there in spirit form, it just took time to make it in the material world.
Jesus, how fascinating it all is and will be !

sunlionspirit

Post by sunlionspirit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 am

you could say we are here on this material world to joyfully "play" with material things and to create material things just like a child is playing making sand castles out of his imagination.
In spirit world we also play but here we make something out of nothing you could say. We manipulate matter and learn how to do it because it is a new experience.
As I can understand, in spiritual world you want to "make" a beautifull house ? it is there immediatly, no action_reaction involved, no time, but space ?
So here on earth we learn also about dialectic action-reaction of our material doings, action-reaction = time ....

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

sunlionspirit wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am
I see it like this, from a scientific point of view : space-time exists and the void is there, full of energy. Sometimes "particles" emerge from the void and disappear immediatly, you could say they pop in into the "material world" and "time", live there a very short time and disappear. Our space and time could well be such a bubble/particle that popped out from the void into material being for existing some time and will disappear also after a while.
A very interesting way of putting it: thank you, sunlionspirit :)

All I can add is that we do get the opportunity, here in the material world bubble to play with space and time too, which can be very exciting when it comes to setting goals, as experiencing both time and the absence of time, at the same time, can give you even more motivation to accomplish tasks which might otherwise appear boring, farfetched or even impossible. I believe I might have mentioned this particular experience somewhere, but if I haven't I will come back and report it here. I have always been fascinated about travelling backwards and forwards in time (and space), by the way. ;)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience