Possible Past Lives?

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Bjursten
test

Possible Past Lives?

Post by Bjursten » Wed May 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi All,

This is something that I typically would have dismissed as false and fake years ago. However after my NDE I've come to see that all things are possible to a degree, and that the existence we have here on earth is extremely limited in comparison to what can be done, felt, experienced, and achieved on "the other side."

After my NDE, I occasionally have "flash-back" like memories to what I would consider better times.

For example, I was walking in the woods with my wife recently when I was suddenly struck with a memory-like internal imagery of having lived as a nomad traveling the woods in a more open and loving society perhaps thousands of years ago. It was really weird because it felt like a memory and not at all like daydreaming.

Does anyone else get these strange moments? Perhaps it's just a trick of the mind confusing it as a memory when it was actually a daydream?

Martina
test

Re: Possible Past Lives?

Post by Martina » Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes I have had such an experience, but mine was very sad. During a meditation I was flooded by images and feelings. I was standing in the middle of a small village of primitive huts, maybe it was in Africa. They were all burnt to the ground and everyone was dead, my whole family, my whole tribe, the animals ... I was crying, devastated. I don't know why and how I had escaped the carnage.

It was not a daydream, as there was no active input from myself. These images and feelings just flooded me (it's the best word I can come up with), and overwhelmed me.

I had a few other such moments but not in as much detail, more vague. Like, I believe I once was stoned to death because I spoke the truth, which was not appreciated. This would tie in with what an astrologer once told me - that I used to be a revolutionist and have come into this life to learn a more soft and moderate approach.

It might be that because of such painful experiences in my previous lives I'm now very careful and mistrusting, and tend to be a recluse. I speak openly only to people who I feel can accept it and then too, I try to be gentle rather than blunt, so my words don't hurt.

Your flashback is beautiful :) Have you explored it any further?

Bjursten
test

Post by Bjursten » Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 pm

No I have not explored it further, but I wish too. However I don't think I'll exactly be able to do so on my own watch, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what else might come of it.

It was indeed very nice. It coincided with a feeling of peace I was already experience on the walk, which was lovely. :)

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 pm

I remember this from when I was younger.

I used to get all sentimental about the sea. Once I remember staring off into the horizon when an image hit me of a sailor in the water watching a ship sink. I remember I loved that ship with all my heart and I wasn't concerned for my own safety, but the pain of seeing her go under was indescribable.

For decades I couln't stand stories or movies about shipwrecks. I'd tear up whenever I saw a ship sink on TV. I always loved the sea and any kind of water though. The funny thing is I get awfully seasick whenever I am at sea. Its almost as if the seasickness was a deliberate block to prevent me from living this life as a sailor...

For now I'm happy to blast around on my beach catamaran, but the call of the ocean is still something I feel strongly. I don't think that will ever completely go away. Maybe it ties in somehow with my life lessons which allseem to be centered around facing and resolving my problems in stead of running from them...

[Originally posted by DennisMe on 24 Jul 2017, 12:51]

Challie
test

Post by Challie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi

Past life regression is something that is really interesting me at the moment (among other things)

As a child I had an irrational fear of anything 'Mexican'
As a teenager I would have a recurring dream of running toward a large tree in desert town like conditions, I know I had stolen something from a shop (food or survival something) I was in a body that was taller than me, but it was me.. A man with large mustache pulled a huge old fashioned gun at me & shot me in the back. I 'know' exactly how it feels to be shot through this dream.I fell against the tree & woke up.
In my early 20's I told my friend about this dream.. she believed it was a past life dream

I kinda scoffed at the idea at the time & I never had the dream again after telling it..

Now I'm older & wiser... I wonder..

I've always had this fear of being accused of stealing (I'd be the one holding up my purchase very clearly for all to see till its paid for :| )
I have had on/off back pain for years.. no marks though..
& I still get chills at anything mexican

I dont know if there is anything solid enough there (or if its just me being daft)
But I have thought of regression lately..

Dreamer- you said about self medications on you tube.. I looked at them..

but..

I dont know if I'm brave enough to do that on my own. What if something horrible comes up?
I have found a hypnotherapist.. but what if nothing happens? I am trying to research her but not finding anything in the way of reviews.. I am quite rural so must travel for this.. means taking time off work & expense.. what credentials should i look for..?
she says on her website she is a shaman.. something i know little about but researching that also..

maybe I am looking to talk myself out of it...or just weary of wasting time & money.. but my curiosity is pushing me

Anyone have any input on this??

x

[Originally posted by Challie on 10 Oct 2017, 21:24]

dreamer
test

Post by dreamer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Challie,

There is nothing to fear except 'fear' itself!

I would first try the net meditation ----- the one I did was the 31 minute one if you noticed it as it is still there. A number of people have tried that one and 'no one' has reported back to me that it was a 'horrible or scary' experience. However, the chance of getting the 'Mexican' life may be an issue but possible because it sounds like it could be a recent one because of the gun.

When I did the meditation (just relax and listen to the person), I believe I was provided 3 past lives which were within the last 150-200 years based on what furniture, clothing, and scenery I noticed. I was never shown any 'bad' incidents in my past lives or how I died, etc. This specific meditation is partially designed to show how you and other members of you 'soul group' change roles in each 'incarnation' in order to get 'various experiences'. Therefore, you will be asked 'who do you recognize' in each past life. Interestingly, even though I was a 'Native American' in one past life, the people in the meditation I knew appeared as they do now versus what they would/should have looked like really back then as 'Natives' for example. I believe this was because of the way this meditation was designed. .

I did have a 'consult' with a hypnotherapist (a good friend now) to have my son find out about this subject. They charge upwards of $150 an hour and suggest 3-6 hours and 'should' guarantee you are hypnotized but beyond that probably nothing especially not the 'Mexican' life. The meditation works fine for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide! I think this kind of 'spiritual knowledge' is very worth the time or money you may spend if you can see a 'past life'. However, my hypnotherapist stated they cannot 'guarantee' it is a past life that you are seeing!

As far as credentials, I would make sure the therapist has done 'past life regressions' in the past. It would be nice to get one specifically trained and certified to do 'past life' regressions. Also, if you go the therapist route I would consider an 'in between life regression' when you are regressed based on cost as this knowledge would be very worth while also.

If a past life is causing you 'current' problems then the therapist route is probably a must as this is how they correct some problems by going back to when the problem occurred and working you through it right then.

[Originally posted by Dreamer on 10 Oct 2017, 22:56]

Challie
test

Post by Challie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you Dreamer. I really appreciate your advice..

Sorry I havent replied earlier.. had a busy, hectic week..

I think I know the net meditation you are talking about. Would it be the group one by Brian Weiss? I watched it while staying alert lol.. only cos I wanted to know exactly what was being done..

You are so right.. about 'fear' it's something I have to overcome to do this.

I am excited yet nervous.. I have a feeling who is in my soul group & am looking forward to hopefully seeing the different roles we all played.

As for going to a therapist.. I think that is highly likely. I have found a friend who is secretly interested & has agreed to come with me.

I'll let you know how it all goes.. we are going to try get an appointment end November/December..

I'll also let you know how my own attempt with you tube goes..

Thank you again

x

[Originally posted by Challie on 18 Oct 2017, 21:03]

dreamer
test

Post by dreamer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Challie wrote:I think I know the net meditation you are talking about. Would it be the group one by Brian Weiss? I watched it while staying alert lol.. only cos I wanted to know exactly what was being done..
Actually, the one I was talking about that shows relationship changes was the one by Paul Miller.

I haven't done one in a long time so I will probably try again soon. The one I did showed me fairly current lives. It will be interesting to see if I get repeats or earlier lives if I do it again.

I tried to talk my son into doing it but he went to sleep and didn't do it again ---- I think he is really afraid of knowing this type of truth. It would have been interesting to see if the one where he was my father popped up so we could talk about it. Also, it would have been interesting to see if he was in any that I saw as I believe we are in the same 'soul group'.

Thank you for volunteering to 'return and report'. Whether success or failure it should be interesting to share. When I do another 'past life meditation' I will return and report also.

I recently heard a 'past life/in-between life' regression. It was amazing what she discussed. However, she talked the process of learning and choosing her next life and establishing a life plan so casually like she had done it 'many' times. The person being regressed indicated during the in-between life she 'hung out with people' to learn and experience different things. Then basically she said during those 'hang out' sessions she 'knew everything' about the next life she chose and what goals she put in her life plan. The hypnotist tried to drag out more specifics but she seemed 'not eager' to discuss some of those 'hang out sessions' in more detail. She did discuss coming as both male and female in past lives to gain those different experiences.

[Originally posted by dreamer on 18 Oct 2017, 22:33]

Challie
test

Post by Challie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks Dreamer.. I will look up Paul Miller in a minute..

It's a shame your son fell asleep.. that really would have been something, to compare.

Lol.. I have a feeling I am going to have to try a few times before I report anything.. its something I desperately want to do but I'm not sure I can relax enough, I have no idea what makes me fear it.. probably 'the unknown'

I've always loved reading about past life regressions. I never knew about in-between life regression until I read Michael Newton- Journey of the soul.
This was a life changing book for me.. about a year after I lost my sister. Really helped me heal a lot & answered many questions I had, not only about life & death, but why so many things happen, it was a kinda "ahhh, so that makes sense" so logical..

So yes.. I'd like to aim for eventually reaching the in-between life regression
But 1st, I need to learn to relax & let go of life (not easy for me who likes to be in full control all the time)

Once again Dreamer.. thanks for your support

x

[Originally posted by Challie on 18 Oct 2017, 23:42]

Challie
test

Post by Challie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 pm

This morning I didn’t have to start work till late. So I took advantage of being alone in the house.

I had done a little research on relaxing & took advise to call up my angels and guides for help & protection while I tried meditation for past lives.

I lay on the bed, cleared my mind, hit play & closed my eyes.
The video takes you though 3 past lives & calls for your soul group in those lives
Got to admit… I didn’t think anything would happen, but went with the flow..

I don’t claim these were past lives.. But this is what I saw in my mind & felt.

Life 1..
I am an aging woman, I see on my feet home made sandals. Layers of rough cloth for a dress. Around me is fields and mountains, I feel it’s Europe somewhere. Very, very remote. I am alone. I feel I have been there for a long time alone. I am content. Beside me is my home, a wooden building. I don’t know what year it is.
20 years on.. I am still standing in the same spot. Nothing has changed

Life 2..
I am in my 20’s and male. I am a Roman soldier. I am outside in a dry, sandy place. I am with other soldiers and we are relaxing, we are drinking (I want to say tea, but I don’t know if they drank tea) The group I am with are laughing & joking around. Sitting on a rock is my best friend. He smiles at me. I recognise him as my son in this life but he looks nothing like my son. I do not know the year, but the number 10 springs up twice.
20 years on.. I am lying on a kinda sofa, dressed in white waiting for guests to arrive. I am married but I don’t see my wife. Just women bringing food in to a table. I feel successful and arrogant.

Life 3..
I am a young boy of 7,8,9. I have dark skin. Wearing a kind of cloth. Carrying a spear. I am in an African country. To my left is a small river & ahead is a small tribal village with mud huts? with definite straw roofs. My father is close by watching although I don’t see him. I do not know the year.
20 years on.. I am standing beside a hut. I have a baby flopped across my arm. It is my baby but I have no feelings toward it. My wife is on her knees doing something near the door of the hut.. (sweeping maybe) I don’t see her face & I don’t really have much feelings toward her either. I feel I just need to protect and provide. It is a peaceful village.

So all day I have been analysing these visions..
If it were my imagination I would have guided my thoughts to being a princess or a glamorous actress.. I certainly did not expect the 3 visions I did have..
No where in my imagination, would have picked these 3 very different lives..

Some of it kinda makes sense in this life..
Life 1- I like being on my own.. I can entertain myself & actually like my own company..
Life 2- this was a bit of a shocker.. I hate war & fighting.. & this man was selfish.. A trait I despise in people. My best friend I recognised as my son in this life, I am very close to my son & since he was born have felt something. I have always said with all of my heart “I trust him with my life”
Life 3- another male… I felt he was just going through the motions of life, here to do a job & knowing it will always be the same till death.. He wasn’t unhappy but I did feel a monotony to his life, something I feel sometimes.

Something I didn’t feel in these lives was love.. (except from life 2 with best friend) perhaps my angels/guides were only letting me see briefly.. Who knows!

Anyway.. I am no longer afraid to try this again. perhaps in a bit more depth.
One thing that didn’t come up was the ‘Mexican life’
But if we have had many, many lives perhaps that will pop up another time..

Whether this was an insight to the past or just my imagination.. It was an experience & has intrigued me more..

xx

[Originally posted by Challie on 24 Oct 2017, 23:39]

blue102
test

Post by blue102 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:27 pm

I'm very interested in past lives and have vague memories of at least one. As a kid I would tell my mother about certain past life and before- birth memories ( none of which I recall now), and I also have many crystal clear memories of babyhood and toddler hood. But I can't seem to recall past lives in detail, if they exist.

Lately though I've been trying to hone in on one. Some triggers are the smell of fresh wild onion, hot summer air, dry clay river beds, and the smell of wood burning. I may have been native American. As a kid, I dug up roots and called them "soaproot" despite not knowing what soaproot was, and I spent a lot of time making clay out of mud, making soup from berries and leaves, weaving pine straw, roasting acorns and whittling sticks. Strange hobbies for a girl in the 1980s. I was also obsessed with horses and anything to do with pioneers.

It's easy to get the imagination run away though so one must be careful. I thought I was Judy Garland reincarnated, for about a day. Only because I thought we had things in common :)

I'll add that I had a past life memory from the time I was young, in which I was standing on some concrete steps going into a hospital or school ( I wasn't sure which, and for a while I thought it was in Europe). A lady was taking me inside. I was a child, I was leaving my mother and was very scared. Recently, I was able to locate which I believe is this exact spot. It is an old hospital in my town where many of my family members were born. It's now a museum. However; this may be all in my imagination. I can not say for sure. But I stood on the steps, and I went inside, and it matched my memory perfectly....

dreamer
test

Post by dreamer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm

I have seen a number of past lives in both dreams and by guided meditation. One can also have this experience if they want to pay a hypnotist to regress them to a 'past life'. However, some hypnotists are not cheap so I would suggest utube guided meditations first.

I saw 3 past lives in a guided meditation on utube. I did it quite awhile ago when I didn't believe in 'past lives'. I didn't get much of the 3rd past life as I freaked out when I saw my 'conscious/subconscious' kick out these 'past lives so easily. I would not 'freak out' now as I am a strong believer in past lives.

One word of caution. No one can 'prove they are past lives' unless you get a lot of specific data that would allow you to actually research. That would probably take a number of sessions from a 'hypnotist'. I talked 'past lives' with one 'Christian' hypnotist and he didn't believe they were past lives. He told me the various theories but none seemed more logical to me. Most of his 'Christian' clients believed they were lives of their 'ancestors' that they viewed from 'heaven' before coming to earth.

Interesting stuff!!!

blue102
test

Post by blue102 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 pm

I've done Brian Weiss's YouTube regression a few times. The lives I "saw", I am not sure if I was imagining things. I saw about four different ones. One was from 1850s, another was from the 1920s/ 30s, one ended in the 1950s, and another was 1970s (possibly a suicide). In all of them, I was basically the same person I am now, but they were very sad and dull lives. In one of them, I saw a broken window and blood in the bathtub drain. In another one, I viewed my own funeral. I was a child who had died. My uncle in this life was an attendee at the funeral, according to this "vision".

The broken window intrigued me and I would love to investigate that more. Maybe that's why I have struggled with depression in my current life. It seemed like a suicide or bad accident. In that one, I saw myself as a very sad lonely person.

I was probably an alcoholic in a past life because I was told in a dream that alcohol addiction is one of my lessons. (Happy to say I'm no longer a drinker).

But I'm pretty skeptical about the things I saw in the guided meditation, to be honest. It seems like it could easily be imagination.

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 am

blue102 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 pm
But I'm pretty skeptical about the things I saw in the guided meditation, to be honest. It seems like it could easily be imagination.
I absolutely agree with you here, Blue, because of the power of subtly leading questions. My take on incarnation is that we are multidimensional beings and, that even though we are very focused on the physical life we are living, we can shift out of this focus at any time. Based on the NDE accounts I have read and what I have recently learnt about the holographic nature of things, it appears that each single particle of anything, including ourselves, contains the whole universe or even more, where past present and future are one. This would explain why so many mystics and NDErs tells us that we are part of a loving Source and why some people in meditation have suddenly found themselves feeling as if they were the Universe or they were one with the Source.

Based on the accounts providing evidence that all lives, dreams, daydreams, etc., are lived 'at the same time' (such as in Anita Moorjani's account), I have come to realise that linear time is just a temporary tool and how our point of power is always NOW, that we are powerful spiritual beings immersed in a human experience not as a way to pay a debt or learn a lessons, but as a way to co-create with God or the All That Is.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience