This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences - such as near-death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences - support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity, and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying: please refer to our Joining Rules. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

No One Together

RobertS

No One Together

Post by RobertS » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

No One Together"
KansasLyrics

Centuries of backward ways, have many left behind us
Who can count the good men gone away
The fruits of all our labors have left us as we started
We've come too far to end it in a day
It seems that everything we do is wrong
A one way trip to nowhere all along
Just look around and tell me what you see
Another stupid page of history
No one together, No one is touching ground
Look at each other, Chaos is all around
Same situation, Nothing is really new
No one together, No one is me and you
Lo the horn of plenty is bursting at the seam
The harvest of the world will be our prize
We claim to know the secrets, the answers have been found
But how can one fool make another wise
'Cause nothing's better than it used to be
To live and die is still a mystery
We take away and we give nothing back
We just consume it all and still we lack
No one together, No one is touching ground
Look at each other, Chaos is all around
Same situation, Nothing is really new
No one together, No one is me and you
Each day passed by so quickly now
You can feel it drawing much closer now
The signs are in the faces of the people in the street
The signs are in the sound I hear
The voices filled with hate and fear
You can feel it drawing near you now
The multitudes are searching, and wandering in vain
For what they seek cannot be found in men
The truth that lies before us now is plain for all to see
To grow without is not to grow within
For in the promise is a victory
To see the way that everything should be
To feel the joy that we were meant to know
We should have realized so long ago
We're all together, Harmony will abound'
Look at each other, All that was lost is found
New situation if our direction's true
We're all together, Everyone is me and you.

"No One Together"
Wow it has been over a year since I posted anything. All I can say is sorry. But, I need some sort of Inspiration to find what I might be able to share. And I've had a dry spell of Inspiration. Just recently though, I've made some new friends who's conversation has given me what I need to share because "We're All Together" as I would like to show you in this KANSAS song.
A couple of weeks ago I and my wife Evelyn and our Therapy Dog Lucy went to a monthly Stress and Depression peer support group I usually attend and share messages I find in songs. Its rarely difficult for me to find a song to discuss. Usually a topic from last meeting sticks with me and a song comes to mind I can work off of. Or I can think of a song which addresses someone in the group's personal issues, including me. But our last meeting was cancelled because of the Blizzard and I didn't want to focus on any individual. I had no subjects to find a song for. I was surprised Two days before the meeting when I had a rare opportunity to scan the paper. Then plain as day an article caught my eye. It depicted two individuals shaded differently with each holding a 1/2 glass of something. The article below was about how the individuals viewed the glasses. One saw it as 1/2 empty while the other saw it as 1/2 full. It went on to say that our perceptions about things in life can shape our experiences. The pessimist with a 1/2 empty glass can extend their opinion making their reality harsher than the Optimist who's World view makes for a much more meaningful and longer life.

I thought it was a great article to share with the group now I only needed a song to go with it. The next day while listening to songs on my phone I found a lesser known song by KANSAS which I don't think even had much air play during the Cold War years when it was written. Well in these trying times, I believe that the stresses we have to face are as great or greater than we had then. Also there was a spiritual or religious turmoil within the band at the time. The song not being well known, nor having large religious overtones, I thought would compliment the article and make for interesting discussion. My question is whether the song "No One Together" by KANSAS is a 1/2 empty or 1/2 full type of song?

Below are the lyrics to it. And because I have found another KANSAS song with a connection to it I will share what I and others said about it when I post the next song. I think that it might just provoke all to do some deep thinking and soul searching. I hope you come back to read it.
phpBB [video]

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Re: No One Together

Post by ano1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:27 pm

This sounds like a realization of life song. Was it written by Kerry Livgren?

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks ano1, for the comment and question. Yes it Is a Kerry Livgren song who is one of the original KANSAS founding members. As you​ read in the post I will comment on this song when I also post about a second KANSAS song I believe​ might have a connection with " No One Together". Could you please elaborate how and where in the lyrics you have found that it might be a realization of life song. If youcan elaborate, it might help me with connecting another KANSAS song to it.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm

The band 'Kansas' has always stood out to me.
I think the lyrics of the song you posted -- are about confusion with understanding the meaning of life and progressively realize that this is not the real life and concludes with knowing how it all comes together. That is how I read them, anyway.
I have always been fascinated with this songwriter...I have always wondered if he, like me, had had a near death experience. I was in high school when, "Dust in the Wind" was big. The line, "And, all your money, won't another minute buy..." Resonated with me at the time, as it was a year or two after my nde and I knew that all this worldly grabbing for materialism was useless and unnecessary.
'Carry on Wayward Son' is another; quite profound, to me. But, you speak of another song that you want to talk about...I don't want to spoil your plans.
Looking forward to your ideas.

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks again ano1. I think that you are right about that KerryL believes that this isn't our real life. I think though that the confusion you may be pointing out in what is sought after in this life is about us and the things we chase. Thanks for your input and I would like to let you know because of it I am working on connecting the​ song about the cover of their fifth album with this one.

Rylee

Post by Rylee » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:26 am

Add your thoughts on this into your equation Robert
testing signiture

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi Rylee, it's nice to meet you​. This is what​I'm talking about. We All need to share/risk and connect our knowledge, beliefs and opinions to be " all together." Thank You for sharing what you did. I wasn't aware of this. This asking about reality and​ time can not only connect with the song I'm working​ on sharing but also contains a valuable reference to the Past posted song "No One Together" where near the end​ of the song (our belief in "knowing" something​) can change our past actions of chaos to the realization that (We're All Together). This plays into the intentional observing our present reality and being concious that we can effect our future. It also leads me to another song I can share "Anywhere Is".

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Sat May 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Just in case anyone is following this topic through notifications​ I continued the discussion with new topic [b]No One together- Point of Know Return[/b]. Hope that's OK?
Last edited by Giulia on Sat May 13, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to new topic added

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 am

RobertS wrote:Just in case anyone is following this topic through notifications​ I continued the discussion with new topic 1754 No One together- Point of Know Return. Hope that's OK?
Hi, RobertS. Thanks for letting us know. I am adding a link to the new thread, so that it is easier for readers to find. In the meantime, I have found your STE account and am posting a link here for reference purposes: [size=150][color=#0000FF]Robert S Experience[/color][/size]
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

RobertS

Post by RobertS » Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 am

Hi Giulia,
Thanks Much!