Do the deceased help us from the other side?

After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
blue102
test

Do the deceased help us from the other side?

Post by blue102 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:04 am

I can't remember if I wrote about this one yet. I feel that some people here don't believe the things I write, and I either get a snarky response or none at all, so this may be my last post. However, if anyone would be willing to give me feedback on this I'd appreciate it, because there are few places one can go to share experiences and ask for opinions on this type of thing.

Maybe two years ago, my family had decided to quit our church. We were in limbo, trying to decide whether or not to try a different church, or denomination, or just stop going completely.

It wasn't a big deal to me, not something I stressed much about. But one night, in my dream, I saw my grandmother. She had been a devout Catholic in life (I am Protestant) She spent her life serving the church. In my dream, she had long hair streaked with gray, and was wearing a white suit. She was sitting at a table, surrounded by papers like she was doing work. There were other people in the room at other tables. Maybe it was a library or office of some sort. I stood in front of the table where she was sitting, and had a long discussion, the details of which I can't remember. I feel like there were 3 or 4 people involved in this discussion. All I know is we were talking about the church issue. My grandmother was helping me understand the different denominations.

As I woke up, I gradually faded away from the dream and I was saying "I can't hear you guys anymore, I'm waking up" and I heard my grandmother say something about how I should try Catholicism, that it wasn't as different and weird as I had thought. She wasn't forcing it on me, just suggesting it as an option which I'd previously not considered. Then I heard her add, "remember, Orthodox."

There were two interesting things about this. 1. She wasn't Orthodox in life, but Roman Catholic. 2. I did not know what Orthodox was. I did not recall much of what we talked about but I understood that in our discussion we'd concluded that Orthodox would be a good choice for me. Later I Googled it and saw that it in fact was a good choice that aligned with my beliefs, but until the dream I had never known anything about that religion.

Skipping ahead, my family never made a decision about which church to go to. We still do not attend any church. I did go talk to an Orthodox priest and was intrigued, but my husband wasn't interested in attending.

But I believe I saw my grandmother in that dream and she was helping me make a choice. It's very understandable that she would be doing this because religion was very important to her while she was alive, and she had said that she wanted her 10 kids and their families to be churchgoers. But it is interesting that in the dream, she wasn't pushing Catholicism, just helping me figure out what was best for me.

A last detail: I found a picture of her wearing the white suit while alive.

ZenTzu
test

Re: Do the deceased help us from the other side?

Post by ZenTzu » Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Hello Blue :) I have not been here in quite some time and your post was the first which caught my eye when I logged in. First of all, thank you for your nice message. My apologies for taking so long to reply, and I will do that once I finish this post. As for your dream visitation with your Grandmother - YES, she was absolutely helping you! How exciting that you had this wonderful experience! My Father has helped me from time to time, most recently in December right before the holidays, which I will post about another time. FYI, during my personal experiences I too have seen and actually sat at tables surrounded by people, and the color white ALWAYS factors into these dreams visitations. The fact that you actually found a photo of your Grandmother in the same white suit she was wearing when she visited you confirms it all!
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

blue102
test

Post by blue102 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Zen, thanks for the reply. I had another dream last night. In this one, someone seated me next to a priest at a dining table, and I was encouraged to speak to him. I asked if it was my grandma I saw in the previous dream. He confirmed that it was.

Question for you: in your visitation dreams, do you wake up and remember that you had said something odd or awkward that you wouldn't have said in real life? This has happened to me a few times and it's a bit distressing.

ZenTzu
test

Post by ZenTzu » Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi Blue. Hmmm, in answer to your interesting question - no I cannot say that has ever happened to me. At least not that I recall.... There have been a few instances where I recall speaking actual words but mostly communication for me has always been telepathic during dream visitations, etc.
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford